Working Toward Equity at Bowie
The Bowie Vertical Team has made the following commitments:
- We are committed to vertically aligning our professional development & learning on equity, cultural proficiency, and inclusiveness for faculty and staff in every Bowie Vertical Team school.
- We are committed to providing resource materials for our students and families to
- extend education and learning opportunities.
- We are committed to having courageous conversations with our school community.
- We are committed to ongoing dialogue with all students about race, racism, discrimination, and equity through our SEL and core content curriculum.
- We are committed to providing instructional materials that represent diverse perspectives, cultures, and histories in all content areas throughout the entire school year and not just during designated months.
Community Equity Committee Meetings
Every other Tuesday morning, a group of parents, teachers, and other Bowie and AISD staff meet on campus to examine practices through a critical lens and discuss ways to fight for equity and support our students. If you are interested in joining, please email our Humanities Instructional Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org.